Accounts Payable Clerk
We are currently seeking a full-time Accounts Payable Specialist. The right candidate will be responsible for the day to day AP functions. This position is fast paced and utilizes multiple databases, requiring an exceptional attention to detail. While purchase review and analysis are critical to being successful at this position, you must be able to perform with speed and accuracy in order to be successful. Being able to work independently and as part of team is an essential to being successful. Light receptionist duties are also required in this position.
· Receive, verify and enter all invoices into accounting software
· Field phone calls and emails from vendors looking to confirm payment status.
· Contact vendors for missing or incomplete invoices.
· Request W-9 and required insurance certificates from vendors
· Draft and send new vendor packets and contracts and follow up to ensure contracts are returned in a timely manner.
· Maintain and update vendor information in accounting system.
· Organize, scan and store all invoices and supporting documentation in company database.
· Generate, prioritize and review weekly aging report with managing partner for payment schedules.
· Enhance existing processes to identify areas where automation and alternate processes will result in a reduced time frame for completion of tasks.
· Perform other duties and special projects as they arise.
Knowledge, skills and key abilities:
· Critical and analytic thinking.
· Ability to communicate with co-workers, management and vendors in a clear, courteous and business-like manner at all times.
· Ability to identify and convey issues and problems.
· Able to work independently and perform under tight deadlines.
· Detailed oriented.
· Professional attitude.
· Excellent communication skills
Education and Experience:
· MinMinimum of 2 years in an accounts payable or equivalent position.
· Minimum of 1 years working with an accounting system (Experience with oracle or other similar ERP
· College degree in accounting or business a plus.
Pay: $18 to $20/hour
$18 to $20 Per Hour
Job Status: Full Time