- Enhances buying staff accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Purchases merchandise by studying needs, preferences, and buying patterns of customers.
- Delivers merchandise to locations by scheduling shipments.
- Approves merchandise delivery by authorizing payment; directing returns.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing vendor or merchandise information.
- Supervises merchandise pricing and identification by determining markups; identifying manufacturer style numbers and seasonal codes.
- Provides merchandise information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand merchandise requirements.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Prepares sales staff by developing and conducting merchandise- specific, in-service training programs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- General Math Skills
- Selling to Customer Needs
- Market Knowledge
- Customer Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Client Relationships
- Analyzing Information
- Understanding the Customer
- Job Knowledge
Job Status: Full Time