Buyer / Purchasing Coordinator
Negotiating and purchasing raw materials, sub-contractor services, MRO supplies, and facility services for a machine shop manufacturing operation.
- Identifying multiple sources and acquiring competitive bids for required materials and services.
- Negotiating with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Developing strong relationships with supply base.
- Generating and issuing purchase orders to satisfy demand while controlling inventory.
- Assuring suppliers and subcontractors are supplying a quality product on time.
- Works closely with suppliers/sub-contractors, manufacturing operations, and sales to ensure on time delivery to customer requirements.
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure compliance to quality management system.
Position Knowledge/Skills /Requirements:
- Basic Requirements
- 5-10 years’ experience in a buyer / purchasing position for a machine shop.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical abilities.
- Sound decision making and results driven.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- High level of energy.
- A continuous learner.
- Preferred Requirements
- APICS certification or actively working on certification.
- Knowledge and experience with lean concepts. Ability to identify and implement improvements.
Pay Scale: Commensurate with experience.
Must be U.S. Citizen
- Health-Individual Plan/No Charge to employee
- Dental-Individual Plan/No Charge to employee
Job Status: Full Time