Customer Service Coordinator
A leading provider of Cleaning and Food Service supplies and services to commercial institutions is currently seeking experienced, conscientious, detail oriented and enthusiastic Customer Service Coordinator to join the team in Milford, Connecticut. As part of the Customer Service team, this position is responsible for performing a variety of professional and technical duties and providing a full spectrum of Customer Service support to Sales Representatives and customers.
- Possess a spirit to serve, a commitment to problem solving, and dedication to engage and delight customers.
- Backorder fulfillment coordination and communication, including monitoring back orders for tomorrow, and identifying correct alternate/suitable substitutes to satisfy customer needs.
- Coordinate with Transportation Dept., including same day deliveries, will calls, couriers, and UPS shipments.
- Coordinate all customer returns and credits.
- Process sample requests.
- Coordinate inventory transfers between branches with Purchasing Dept.
- Enter and monitor special and direct orders, coordinating with expediters as needed, and communicating ETAs to customers and reps.
- Accomplish all order entry for orders placed by phone/fax/email.
- Monitor and correct EDI orders.
- Develop and maintain customer order guides
- Maintain up to date product knowledge, with the ability to ‘up sell’ and support promotions, with the ability to identify EBP item numbers from descriptions and manufacture numbers.
- Provide timely responses to requests for price quotes, bids, rebates, and contracts.
- Maintain customer sell prices in AS400 and monitor margins.
- Maintain customer files, including point of contact, phone numbers, fax numbers, and email addresses.
- Participate in benchmarking, CTE, and Six Sigma quality improvement projects.
- Experience managing customer service across multiple branches.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, with the confidence to make correct business decisions in support of a diverse customer base.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- Professional and friendly telephone skills.
- Advanced computer skills (Word Processing, Outlook, Spreadsheets, Database Management, and Graphical Presentations).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a Business related subject matter or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and demonstrated working experience.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated Customer Service experience and growth with retail or wholesale
Pay: $45,000 to $50,000/year
$45000 to $50000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time