Director of Accounting & Finance
Director of Accounting & Finance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support senior management, group finance and tax with reporting, guidance and financials analysis.
- Manage a team of 6 accounting and financial personnel.
- Ensure the accurate and timely reporting of consolidated financial statements for US operations.
- Review and post journal entries where necessary, review general ledger accounts, profit and loss and balance sheet statements to ensure they accurately reflect the results and financial position of the business for the relevant reporting period.
- Manage cash requirements, preparation of cash reports and cash projection reports, including management of revolving credit facility
- Review and post intercompany transactions and reconcile intercompany accounts. Maintain inter-company matrix.
- Manage and review the posting of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Manage and review the cost accounting department including standard cost of goods and gross margin by product and plant costs.
- Manage the general ledger system to ensure it is updated and maintained, including but not limited to chart of accounts and financial reports. Maintain month-end processes and reports. Implement process improvements.
- Working with the group finance team, manage the annual audit including preparation and review related documentation.
- Working with the finance team, manage sales, credit memo for chargeback and returns, cash receipts, rebates and other data upload into general ledger system. Oversee data reconciliation and resolve discrepancies in data files.
- Working with group tax and external tax advisors, ensures that all tax liabilities are accurately determined, accrued for and paid on a timely basis. Support group tax in providing necessary information for tax filings and payments.
- Maintain financial historical records by maintaining and filing accounting documents, updating electronic documents and maintaining general ledger system as applicable.
- Ensure the internal controls are maintained to safeguard assets and the opportunity for errors or irregularities to occur in the financial and related records of the Group are minimized within acceptable limits.
- Provide monthly and year to date reporting against budget and prior year for operations departments and collaborate on accounting and finance matters.
- Provide analysis and forecasting assistance for the annual budget process, forecasting process and for any acquisition and divestiture of assets.
- Performs related or other duties as assigned.
- CPA preferred, graduate degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- At least 10 years of experience in Accounting or Financial Management, prefer 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position preferably in the pharmaceutical or life sciences industry.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals contacted in the course of work.
- Supervise, lead and train staff.
- Strong knowledge of full accounting cycle, inter-company transactions, inventory and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experience of working in a small to medium size growth company environment is an advantage
- Experience of pharmaceutical, retail or similar industry is required.
- Proven ability to prioritize effectively, self-starter, excellent communication and organizational skills
Pay: $125,000 to $160,000/year
$125000 to $160000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time