Employee Relations Specialist
Employee Relations Specialist performs a variety of duties to promote employee welfare, such as resolving human relations problems and promoting employee health and well-being. They interview workers and discuss personnel, human relations, and work-related problems that adversely affect morale, health, and productivity. This person also evaluates and resolves human relations, and work-related problems, and meets with management to determine appropriate action. An Employee Relations Specialist explains and provides advice to workers about the company and governmental rules, regulations, and procedures, and need for compliance.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to) the following
- Conduct investigations of employees for disciplinary matters, write reports regarding the investigations and make discipline recommendations in consultation with the Director of HR.
- Assist, discuss with and advise HR Manager and Director of HR on general personnel issues.
- Advise management on the proper procedure in handling personnel matters and issues including employee evaluations.
- Coordinate and facilitate grievance procedures.
- Maintain discipline/investigation files.
- Analyze, develop and review policies and regulations for personnel matters.
- Interpret company policy and procedure.
- Maintain a close working relationship with managers of assigned territory or departments.
- Review all requests for extended leave for all employees to determine compliance with laws, policies, and regulations.
- Performa other assigned tasks or related work as required and as assigned by management
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor Degree in HR or in a related field or equivalent work experience strongly preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in HR required
- 1-2 years of experience in Employee Relations required
- Must maintain the highest levels of confidentiality, professionalism, be well spoken, well written, and articulate.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees, and the general public
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office
- Strong process orientation
- Detail-oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem-solving
Pay: $23 to $25/hour
$23 to $25 Per Hour
Job Status: Full Time