- Performs data entry, performs auditing and payment authorization of freight invoices in a high volume payables area; tests and verifies EDI quality of data;
- Research multiple and complex variables in determining why an inbound or outbound freight invoice does not match a planned freight movement, prior to authorization;
- Evaluates and validates the veracity of invoiced costs compared to a predetermined system values lying outside an over or under range, for payment authorization; Researches and identifies invoicing errors caused by inaccurate data in the corporate transportation contract freight rates or other data issues within the Transportation Management System (TMS); directs findings to appropriate parties for corrections.
- Conducts quarterly account receivable reconciliations with carriers to resolve outstanding invoice issues;
- Leverages contact with service providers and internal associates throughout the company network in determining the cause for the anomalies and identifies solutions to resolve them to effect the correct payment authorization. Resolves contract rate discrepancies as well as other internal and external applications and data errors;
- Utilizing the company routing guide, identifies invoices with vendor routing violations and creates chargebacks. Works with appropriate contact to resolve issues.
- Participates in special projects or duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in accounting preferred.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong computer experience
- Strong Excel Spreadsheet skills
- Strong math skills with the ability to make sound payment decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic accounting principles
- Minimum experience required to perform this job.
- 1 year experience in Accounts Payable or finance roles
Pay: $18 to $19/hour
$18 to $19 Per Hour
Job Status: Full Time