Loading Supervisor (2nd shift)
Physicality to this role- Supervisory Role as the supervisor is helping with the loading approximately 600 trucks a night.
Excellent Communication Needed
Supervise and coordinate the activities of helpers, laborers, or material movers.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
· Enforce safety procedures and policies and ensure a safe work environment free of hazards.
· Ensure compliance with OSHA and other government agencies.
· Ensure proper compliance and execution of HAZMAT program.
· Ensure co-workers are following safety rules and are demonstrating safe working behavior.
· Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads.
· Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
· Review work throughout the work process and at completion to ensure that it has been performed properly.
· Transmit and explain work orders to loaders and pullers.
· Check specifications of materials loaded or unloaded against information contained in work orders.
· Inform designated employees or departments of items loaded and problems encountered.
· Evaluate employee performance and prepare performance appraisals.
· Perform the same work duties as those supervised or perform more difficult or skilled tasks or assist in their performance.
· Prepare and maintain work records and reports of information such as employee time and wages, daily receipts, and inspection results.
· Conduct staff meetings to relay general information or to address specific topics, such as safety.
· Counsel employees in work-related activities, personal growth, and career development.
· Resolve personnel problems, complaints, and formal grievances when possible, or refer them to higher-level supervisors for resolution.
· Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, and disciplinary measures.
· Assess training needs of staff and arrange for or provide appropriate instruction.
· Estimate time, and staffing requirements for a given project, based on work orders, job specifications, and experience.
· Participate in the hiring process by reviewing credentials, conducting interviews, or making hiring decisions or recommendations.
· Inventory warehouse supplies, and requisition or purchase additional items as necessary.
· Participate in monthly safety committee meetings.
· Timely investigate and complete a thorough accident investigation report with corrective action input and have an action plan developed to correct safety issues. This includes taking the injured employee to receive the proper medical attention.
· Conduct monthly site safety inspections, and conduct weekly tool box safety talks.
· Complete other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent a must. Associate Degree or four-year degree preferred.
Experience: 5 years’ supervisory experience with 2 years related experience or 5 years warehouse experience with 2 years of leadership role.
Computer Skills: General Computer Knowledge required including the use of the internet and e-mail.
Certificates & Licenses: Forklift operator certification
Pay: $50,000 to $60,000/year
$50000 to $60000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time