-Medical Assistant Certification
-Minimum of a year (recently) as a medical assistant
-Good communication skills
-Comfortable working in a fast paced, outpatient facility
-Good personality and appearance
-Pass background and medical screening
- Obtain & review the daily schedule of patients and ensures all appropriate preparations are in place to facilitate efficient patient flow for the day.
- At the time of patient appointment, greet the patient and brings him/her from the waiting room to the clinic space.
- Work closely with the Front Desk staff to collaborate on patient arrival and facilitate smooth patient flow.
- Capture the patient's weight and appropriate vital signs, family history, and prepare patient for the physician evaluation.
- Complete appropriate components of Epic (patient electronic record). Examples may include: patient’s vital signs, allergies, medication Reconciliation.
- Ensure examination rooms and device clinics are neat, clean, professional, appropriately stocked with supplies, lab requisitions, equipment is in good working order, and all materials necessary for efficient patient care.
- Responsible for ordering supplies for the clinical practice and proactively gathering items needed from Patient Service Coordinator and Practice Manager.
- Maintain any equipment for patient use; promptly reports problems to Biomedical Engineering and Practice Manager.
- Promote patient/customer satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner consistent with their needs; maintains patient confidentiality.
- Adhere to hand hygiene and standard precaution guidelines
- Participate in all quality assurance activities of the practice and supports clinic adherence to Joint Commission requirements.
- Participate in the management of the patient flow at times of check in and check out with care related issues.
- Rotate within adult and pediatric neurology as assigned.
- Maintain prescription lines, enter prescriptions faxed to clinic, and up-loading clinical documents on to our electronic medical record system.
- Accept all other duties & responsibilities as assigned and in a positive manner; offers help to others in the practice when not busy
Job Status: Full Time