- Prepares and writes domestic and import purchase orders.
- Enters and reviews electronic PO's via the Buyer Worksheet application.
- Revises purchase orders daily and follows the purchase order change process.
- Ensures all necessary signatures are obtained for a letter of credit PO.
- Partners with Planning & Allocation to expedite PO entry.
- Follows through with P&A to ensure electronic PO's are addressed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of ASN/EDI PO information including identifying ASN/EDI orders and contacting vendors for required information when needed.
- Pulls late lists weekly and follows up on all late PO's with vendors.
- Reviews ship dates and cancel or make revisions as necessary.
- Receives authorization from Buyer to approve vendor shipping extensions and renegotiate costs as needed.
- Follows up with traffic/transportation departments as needed.
- Tracks all PO's generated through the buyer worksheet system to ensure final PO has been received.
- Copies and obtains Buyer and AVP, MM signatures on all PO's to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Assists in merchandise shipment follow up and problem solving for over/under shipments and vendor charge-backs/cost discrepancies.
- Communicates daily with vendors via telephone and email regarding purchase orders, allocations, problem solving, etc.
- Plays an integral role in enhancing and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Fields and screens telephone calls for PO and non-PO related matters to include prospective vendor inquiries, scheduling vendor appointments and allocation inquiries.
- Initiates calls to vendors to solicit contact and address information to ensure vendor databases are accurate and updated.
- Coordinates and sets up vendor and agent visits at the home office.
- Assists in pre-production/production sample process to include tracking receipt of samples, setting up displays for buyer approval and creating and maintaining binders, etc.
- Opens and organizes all sample packages for buyer review.
- Requests samples from vendors for strategy meetings and ensures samples are received and returned in a timely manner. Organizes and maintains sample room and purges samples as needed.
- Maintains a pre-ticket address database and follows-up with the Planning department and vendors to resolve pre-ticketed merchandise problems.
- Faxes, files and photocopies PO's and other departmental forms.
- Develops effective organizational techniques to support merchants and operations such as filing and binder systems.
- Organizes reports for Buyers on a weekly basis to include Buyer Control File and On Order Inquiry.
- Coordinates all travel arrangements weekly for 2-5 merchants and completes Merchandise Manager/Buyer itinerary paperwork including scheduling market appointments.
- Assists and supports MAs and merchants outside of own area to include corporate buying offices as needed.
- Independent, requires minimal supervision
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adapt to an ever-changing and diverse environment
- Strong verbal and written communication with ability to assess and tailor communication style to different personalities/needs
- Strong attention to detail; strong organizational and follow through skills
- Strong ability to multitask in a high volume and fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive and professional demeanor
- Good data entry and math skills
- Basic computer skills required to include Excel and Word
- One year of office or equivalent experience preferred
Job Status: Full Time