- Analyzes weekly payroll audit reports of time entered by department managers in Kronos Directs payroll coordinators in corrections.
- Works in conjunction with Financial Systems to define new reports. Is able to write and edit Crystal reports.
- Prepares weekly analysis of payroll activity including errors analysis and of number of off-cycle checks issued. Monitors 100% direct deposit compliance.
- Prepares reviews and distributes weekly, monthly, and quarterly post payroll audit reports used to identify and correct out of balance records, over payments, invalid federal, state and FICA wages, excessive overtime, etc.
- Prepares, reviews, and distributes payroll reports used by department management for the processing of payments to external agencies or parties.
- Works with Payroll Manager on system and process improvements to streamline payroll operations.
- Documents all payroll processes to create payroll user manual.
- Works with Financial Systems on maintaining payroll documents on Intranet web page.
- Maintains and enhances expertise and skills through participation in appropriate education and training opportunities related to the payroll and time entry systems.
- Maintains collaborative team relationships with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the working group’s achievement of goals, and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
- Runs all MHC jobs and prints all paychecks and advices including manual check runs.
- Runs Bank of America manual check report for managers signature and review. Maintains Payroll Web Page.
- Bi-weekly processing of payroll in the Lawson system.
- Year End W-2 contact for ADP - including resetting passwords.
- Responsible for processing W-2C, W-3. Applying for new states ID’s as Employees are hired in states other than MA.
- Process all Manual checks / Ach through Lawson to JP Morgan.
- Updates Bi-Weekly Reports and validates balances.
- Works with HR to confirm we taxation of all J1 Visa employees correctly - validate when the J1 is complete and change tax status.
- Provides employment verifications.
- Administers T-Pass Program.
- Creates and runs Crystal reports
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience in computer applications, accounting or finance.
- At least four years related experience in accounting and payroll functions including experience with an automated payroll system.
- Computer skills sufficient to operate client-server and PC software applications. Experience with Excel or other spreadsheet software. Experience with ADP and report writer tools preferred.
- Analytical and math skills sufficient to prepare statistical reports.
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills needed to effectively perform duties.
- Knowledge of payroll tax laws.
Pay: $60,000 to $80,000/year
$60000 to $80000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time