If interested, please attach your resume in WORD
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, ensure compliance with established payroll policies and procedures as well as federal and state regulations.
- Maintain accurate payroll records, review payroll data submitted by department management, and prepare data for system input.
- Audit transactions submitted for the payment of wages and input data for payroll processing.
- Communicate regularly with supervisors and managers on the interpretation of payroll polices, as well as research and resolve related issues.
- Reviews payroll data, scheduling data, time sheets, prior week adjustments, and special pay forms prepared by departments, ensuring that the data is properly documented and authorized.
- Understands the functionality of the Kronos Advanced Scheduler and how time translates into the timecard.
- Reviews Kronos Genie Reports to audit employee time weekly.
- Responsible for the on-line data entry to Kronos of worked time, vacation/earned time, sick, holiday, other special earnings, regular time reclassification and redistribution from timesheets and other documentation submitted by departments.
- Responsible for maintaining employee payroll information in Lawson HR/PR such as general deductions, direct deposit information, and additional earnings.
- Reviews and edits payroll audit reports prior to payroll processing.
- Verify accuracy of information and communicate with departments when changes or adjustments need to be made.
- Verify all transactions entered on-line or interfaced from external sources.
- Analyze rejected items and resubmit corrected information. Sort and distribute paychecks.
- Responsible for MBTA T Pass processing and monthly distribution to employees.
- Researches questions pertaining to payroll and provides support to resolve payroll issues with department management.
- Provides ongoing communication and assistance in interpreting different pay policies and practices.
- Communicate with external agencies (law offices, family court, state agencies, federal agencies, banks, mortgage companies, etc.) to provide requested employee payroll information.
- Processes employee salary retros and benefit bank accrual retros.
- Processes and distributes manual checks and other special supplemental payroll checks. Assists with W2 processing and revised W2cs
- Maintains and enhances expertise and skills through participation in appropriate education and training opportunities related to the payroll and time entry systems. Performs other related duties as required.
- At least 2 years related experience in payroll or a closely related accounting functions including experience with an automated payroll system and spreadsheet software.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to effectively relate to employees, department managers, and external persons and agencies.
- Computer skills sufficient to operate client-server and PC software applications.
- Analytical and math skills to validate and perform certain payroll calculations.
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills needed to effectively perform duties.
- Work will be performed in a business office setting.
Pay: $50,000 to $60,000/year
$50000 to $60000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time