- Negotiate supply agreements/contracts and drives cost savings programs for both plans and execution. Savings are to be tracked on a weekly basis.
- Develops and directs purchasing strategies for the various commodities.
- Directs price and cost analysis for commercial and government contracts.
- Ensures buyer training on all commercial and government procurement procedures in support of a successful CPSA audit and meets the customer requirements.
- Manages supplier performance and strategic supplier relationships for company accounts.
- Define, establish and lead a purchasing team that supports the government programs for the objectives of quality, cost, and schedule for another division within the organization.
* Solve complex problems important to the success of the organization and able to draw on experience to successfully negotiate lowest/best price.
* Manages supplier performance and risk mitigation activities which support operations. This includes conducting quarterly business reviews, supplier scorecards, and supplier risk assessments.
* Manage the variance process for payment terms and overdue processes.
* Track the development of new technologies with the R+T group.
* Drive sourcing strategy for the LEAP plants for best value and service.
* Marketplace benchmarking for best practices and pricing.
* Improve efficiencies of the procurement team via supplier agreements, VMI programs, vending, programs, utilization of blanket/framework orders etc.
* General business skills -- including the ability to understand client requirements from a strategic perspective and to translate those requirements into a supplier base that meets all client expectations and future needs.
* Works effectively with both the company and supplier personnel, at all levels, including senior management.
* Leadership, interpersonal skills and teamwork.
* Commodity/item knowledge, in terms of the company’s application and the external marketplace.
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written to provide effective and timely communications with/to all levels of the organization and supplier personnel.
* Sensitivity to different cultures
* Savings, quality, lead time, and inventory management.
* Reports savings achievements through monthly statistics, and quarterly summary, as appropriate.
* Nothing in this document restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
- Minimum Degree: Bachelors of Science/Bachelors of Arts; MBA preferred
- Major Field: Various, depending on commodity requirements (i.e.; direct materials of fiber, prepreg's, resins etc.)
- Minimum 6-10 years' experience in related purchasing, supply chain environments or related disciplines: programs management, operations, finance) Aerospace experience preferred.
- Experience with government procurement/FAR/DFARs is a definite plus.
- ERP systems experience, such as SAP (preferred).
- Ability to work in a self-managed team environment.
- PMA or APICS certifications are considered a plus.
- Follow all publicized safety policies/procedures applicable to the job
- Use appropriate PPE that has been identified on the Hazard Analysis for the department/role
- Attend and participate in all safety training, safety meetings, audits and Behavior Based Safety programs assigned
- Report all safety hazards observed. If capable, correct the safety hazard identified
Pay: $95,000 to $103,000/year
$95000 to $103000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time