A relative start-up on an exciting, high growth trajectory with new products and social connectivity at the center. Their core values of Authenticity, Connection, Passion, Adventure are woven into all they do and aspire to do. Company has dramatically re-positioned the company this year.
Our client is currently undergoing a transformation phase to re-imagine themselves as a brand of tomorrow. The company is inspired by the spirit of it's founder, an explorer at the forefront of a Humanist revolution who looked to the arts and sciences as a way to improve society. At their heart they are a modern brand that believes in building connections.
As Quality Assurance manager, you will lead the effort to bring quality driven products to market. The quality assurance manager will create guidelines for measuring quality control, oversee the analysis and inspection of products and services, and handle recalls on any low-quality items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Motivate and inspire the quality team and other employees to achieve the highest possible quality standards.
- Play a key role in the creation of a quality assurance culture throughout the extended supply chain
- Ensure all products and processes comply with written specifications.
- Identify non-conformances for product and processes to contain, correct and prevent future non-conformances.
- Ensure new product quality standards meet quality standards prior to product release.Provide learning and development opportunities to promote growth and build expertise with suppliers.
- Partner with leadership to identify solutions to ensure product quality while providing the lowest possible cost of quality.
- Work across all disciplines (e.g. manufacturing that will increasingly be done at 3rd Parties, warehouse - by end of 2019 will be 3PLs throughout the company and Innovation) to ensure that a state of quality and compliance is maintained
- Provide follow-up actions for any necessary corrective and preventive actions.
- Drive batch/ lot release activities.
- Partner with Sourcing team to assist with supplier qualification process
- Assist with the development, management, and maintenance of a compliant document control system.
- Provide quality guidance to product development projects and programs.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement efforts to enhance cost savings and improve product quality.
- Determine process capabilities for critical quality attributes and work with 3rd Party Manufacturers to improve process capabilities.
- Manage quality metrics and present findings and recommendations to the management review team
- Perform other duties as required.
Experience & Competencies Required:
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
- Must be fully cognizant of quality terms, definitions and concepts.
- Must understand the difference between QA and QC
- Must have worked with 3rd Party Manufacturers and successfully implemented QA.
- Proven track record of reducing incidence of quality problems through effective QA.
- Knowledge of basic statistical terms and techniques
- Understand types of measurement, measurement terminology and the different types of measurement scales.
- Able to identify/recognize inspection errors and initiate resolution.
- Able to identify critical, major and minor characteristics and act accordingly.
- able to identify and report nonconforming material.
- Understand traceability (product, material and calibration).
- strong knowledge of basic mathematical operations and perform measurement conversions; be able to solve for x; add and subtract degrees, minutes, and seconds
- Manages time efficiently.
- Exhibits ability to multitask effectively..
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal guidelines and requirements
- Demonstrates ability to think creatively.
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Works well with a team.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Operates with a sense of urgency
Education and Qualifications Required:
- Recent experience in global, entrepreneurial CPG business, preferably in the Beauty segment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality Management or related science discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Quality leadership role with increasing responsibility and track record of successful management, partnering and organizational skills
- Experience in multiple disciplines within Quality (e.g. auditing, GMP oversight, electronic systems management, laboratory management, PAI inspection readiness, commercialization and leadership)
- Experience in recording, analyzing and distributing statistical information and making business recommendations from this fact base or best judgment inferences
- Able to travel 20% to visit 3rd party manufacturing locations domestic and international.
Proficient in Microsoft Programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience with QMS systems, and ERP systems
Pay: $90,000 to $98,000/year
$90000 to $98000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time