Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant is responsible for assisting both the manager in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements, and the CFO as required. The Senior Accountant will join a team of 4 accountants, and will be responsible for leading the month-end close, reviewing and reconciling the General Ledger, posting and reviewing journal entries, analyzing financial information, and reporting variances for assigned companies.
- Perform as the lead accountant for multiple companies
- Prepare journal entries and lead the month-end close processes.
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial statements (including footnotes).
- Assist in the preparation of annual tax filing for IRS Form 990 and MA Form PC.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly financial statements, including variance analysis and balance sheet review.
- Assist in research on technical accounting issues with staff and external auditors as required to comply with US GAAP.
- Review company financial statements and balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis to identify unusual items, variances or trends, which impact the consolidated results.
- Assist with the annual and interim audits and other related audit activities.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of allocations and direct charges.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of inter-company account activity.
- Ensure the accurate completion of account reconciliations and lead the resolution of un-reconciled accounts.
- BS Degree (Accounting preferred)
- 3+ years of related accounting experience.
- MBA and/or CPA a plus
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Strong Accounting skills required
- Analytical skills needed for analyzing and reconciling accounts.
- Interpersonal skills needed for interacting effectively with internal and external parties
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Strong systems
Pay: $65,000 to $80,000/year
$65000 to $80000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time