Senior Accounting Analyst
As a Senior Accountant/Analyst, you will report to the Accounting Manager and be the first point of contact for your business partners outside of Finance. You will ensure the monthly and quarterly closes of one or more companies are carried out to a high standard, oversee balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany transactions and vendor payment processes. You will assist your internal customers with their forecasting, planning and analysis needs on a regular basis and seek out opportunities to drive changes in the business. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to coach and mentor other members of the team helping to drive the success of our day-to-day and weekly activities.
Daily/monthly activities will include:
- Assist business partners with budget questions or requested financial account analysis. Work collaboratively with other functional areas (payroll, operation staff)
- Play a key role in the quarter end and annual close processes by ensuring all required entries are posted (e.g. payroll, shared services) reviewing accounts for accruals, and closing financial packages.
- Interact with internal operations field staff to help answer finance related questions and payments to external vendors.
- Prepare, review and post journal entries.
- Oversee balance sheet reconciliations including bank accounts, prepaid accounts, accrued payables and fixed assets.
- Assist in cash management processes including weekly vendor payment processes and appropriate funding of bank accounts.
- Assist with year-end audit requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or CPA track is an added bonus!
- 3+ years’ experience in an accounting or finance related role. Having worked in a collaborative team environment is important.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter who combines a strong technical understanding with excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication and social skills.
- Go-getter attitude – ability to seek out problems and find solutions
- Excellent organizational skills and highly attentive to detail.
Job Status: Full Time