Senior Property Accountant
If interested, please attach your resume in WORD
We are seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join our Property Management accounting team. Utilizing hands-on accounting experience and an in-depth understanding of accounting principles and company practices, the senior accountant performs complex accounting activities and financial analyses.
- Communications with Treasurer, Director of Operations and Property Managers on a regularly basis.
- Participation in regularly scheduled meeting with responsible personnel regarding operations of the properties within portfolio
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly financial statements and communication of results to the financial statement users, including variance explanations(Internal & external owners, lenders, reporting agencies, etc.)
- Review of monthly financial statements and Agency reports prepared by others on an as needed basis and ensure the day-to-day operations of the department are accomplished.
- Preparation of Semi-Annual, 3rd Quarter and Annual Audit work paper packages, interface with External Auditors in planning interim and year-end audit process and review of draft audited financial statements and footnote disclosures.
- Act as a resource for Director of Operations, Regional Managers, Property Administration Staff and Accounting Department Personnel on accounting issues. Should be proactive in bringing issues to the surface, researching, providing recommended solutions, and informing appropriate parties.
- Assist in the preparation of Annual financial statements issued to partners, including preparation of the financial statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and updating notes to the financial statements.
- Lead team projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or significant related discipline experience required.
- Sound knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles required.
- 2+ years of related experience
- Should have a familiarity with reporting requirements and regulations necessary to prepare audited financial statements
- Real estate/property management experience a plus
- Must possess excellent computer skills and demonstrate the ability to work within a spreadsheet and word processing windows environment.
- The ability to multitask in a fast pace team environment with frequent interruptions without loss of efficiency and productivity.
- Team player
Pay: $65,000 to $85,000/year
$65000 to $85000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time