New York, NY
- Assist with the preparation of multiple expense schedules and balance sheet account reconciliations (e.g., Travel & Training, Real Estate Taxes, Utilities, Accounts Payable and Accrued Expenses reconciliations).
- Work directly with Finance to ensure completeness and accuracy of accruals and reclasses.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s Prepaid Expense Accounting Policy.
- Fixed Assets:
- Daily, approve capital purchase requisitions and field questions from end users related to capital versus expense items.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s Fixed Asset Accounting Policy.
- Weekly, review Fixed Asset additions, tag newly added assets, and retire assets, as needed.
- Monthly, review expense schedules for potential fixed assets additions.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with documented financial reporting and other related controls and updating related documents as necessary to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Responsible for journalizing and preparing revenue reconciliations.
- Provide assistance, where applicable, to other departments within the organization with any specific requests or initiatives.
- Assist with any other special projects, as needed.
- Possess basic knowledge of accounting principles. Has a foundation of accounting knowledge through academics and/or experience. Ability to understand and apply those principles to work performed.
- Bachelor's Degree minimum
- Minimum 2-4 years experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications, specifically Microsoft Excel, required.
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates ability to be a team player.
- Pays attention to detail.
Pay: $65,000 to $80,000/year
$65000 to $80000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time