We have an immediate need for a Utility Estimator.
The Construction Estimator will support construction projects from proposal development through the construction process by preparing conceptual budgets, detailed budgets, final approval budgets, bid breakdowns, and other construction related documentation as required, with high attention to detail. In this role, an employee will be expected to develop and demonstrate proficiency in regards to the essential functions of the job found below.
- Generate conceptual scoping budgets from preliminary site layouts, using historical cost data, and estimating extraordinary costs specific to project.
- Assemble detailed engineering budgets from engineered plan sets, performing quantity takeoffs and applying appropriate unit costs.
- Compile summary of development soft costs (A/E consultants, governmental fees and permits, utility connection fees, and other costs required for project completion) by contacting outside agencies as required.
- Create bid tabulations to compare contractor quotes and identify discrepancies between various bids.
- Prepare final approval budgets from contractor quotes, soft cost summary, historical costs, and detailed quantity takeoffs.
- Provide additional project support by drafting documents and computations including, but not limited to: engineers opinion of probable costs, project schedules, local and state permit applications, request for bids, and bid tabulations as requested.
- Initiate contact with dry utility providers, providing necessary information to open work orders and have them begin working on upcoming projects.
- Maintain unit price and project historical information for use in preparing conceptual and detailed budgets for prospective projects.
- Complete occasional site visits and field assignments as required.
- Develop and maintain a list of general contractors, suppliers and subcontractors for various geographic regions of the country.
- Ensure suppliers and subcontractors offer good quality, timely performance, and competitive pricing.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers during the construction process.
- Must read and interpret drawings, specifications, and contracts
- Communicate with others in both written and oral forms.
- Proactively communicate with Construction Managers and Director of Construction on workload status to meet required deadlines.
- AutoCAD experience preferred, but not required.
- Detail oriented and organized with workload.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or Architecture and/or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in supporting construction projects.
- Experience in heavy civil, concrete, and/or utilities desired.
- Experience with project scheduling (ex: MS Poject), spreadsheet software (MS Excel), and project cost estimating.
- Experience with construction of buildings, concrete structures, mechanical equipment, electrical work, and control systems.
SCOPE OF AUTHORITY
- Has relatively little authority to act independently but has considerable responsibility to work with Construction Staff and Project Managers.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, printers, fax machines, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- Frequently communicates with other office staff.
- Must be willing to travel (<10%).
- Independent yet Collaborative
- Creative Problem Solver
- Natural Communicator
- Results Oriented
- Client Focused
Don't miss out on this great career opportunity. Send your resume now!
Pay: $75,000 to $120,000/year
$75000 to $120000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time